When shit hits the fan its amazing how everything boils down to the basics. Sleep, eat, take care of children, repeat. We eat in the living room, use pacifiers all day, watch a ton of TV, all rules go out the window. I know some people can stick to the rules but I cant help but do whatever works in these situations. Even if it means I have to be the bad guy when everyone is all healed and start enforcing again.
We are all sick, except Torrey. I have had a doozy of a cold all week, then I suspected Wes to be getting it but NO... he threw me for a twist and got a stomach bug instead. Then of course Lily did not want to be left out of that party. Luckily each kid only had one bout of puking so far and Wes is slowly on the mend. I am not joking when I say he did not move from this position on the couch all day yesterday.
Lily is a sad mess but fingers crossed hopefully not puking anymore. She is SO GRUMPY, as I am sure she feels like crap and just doesn't want to deal. I have also had to feed her just little bits of pumped milk at a time to make sure she keeps it down. Ohhhh that made her mad!
I am just starting to pull myself out of this nasty head cold, the kind where your teeth hurt because of the sinus pressure. I managed to get in two runs and hopefully another today and a long run this weekend. Two weeks until the Half Marathon and we have a family vacation planned between now and then. Thank goodness we will be over this sick for our vacation, Phew!
And its snowing today, SNOWING. Sigh. No going out, no friends, canceled plans, grumpy frustrated attitudes all around. So to help move on from the mental fog here is a list of little things I like to do to make me feel like a whole person again. Once Torrey gets home I'm gonna have to do a few of these to shake off all this week.
1. LONG shower
2. Go shopping alone even if its just the grocery store
3. Get out for a run
4. Get an hour of work time locked in the sewing room
5. MUSIC and DANCING
6. Make a fun mixed drink and DRINK
7. Get out for a yoga/ workout class
Whats your favorite - need to escape - activity?
No comments:
Post a Comment