Thursday, March 3, 2022

A LIST: Hobbies and more Special Interests

 

A few months ago my therapist joked I probably have multiple 'advance degrees' of my own because I deep dive into things so much. I never have written them all down... but its true I have a LOT of interests that often get me excited, driven, and passionate internally. They honestly make life worth living. I don't often speak about these but learn information for my own enjoyment. But if you want to get me talking or ask for advice I am HERE FOR IT ha! Honestly one of my favorite things is when people ask for specific advice in something I deeply know about. 

My current and potential hobbies and interests:

Running

Strength Training and biomechanics + foot health

Hiking

Writing

Exploring Color in clothing, business and creating 

Cats and Rabbits - Fostering and pet ownership

Seeing animals in their natural habitat 

Animal facts - domesticated and wild

Sociology  - how humans work - special interest topics athletics/social class/ gender/ race/ music/ money/family

Personal Finance - micro economics and money management 

Simple Living - Minimalism 

Sewing 

Home Improvement - DIY, decor/staging, maintenance, using space efficiently, learning to use tools

Organizing - life hacks

Music 

Travel - to see friends, animals in the wild or cool landscapes / oceans

Small Business scaling, efficiency and problem/project management

Historic homes

Reading - autobiography/memoir/coming of age/female POV historical novels  

Nutrition - sociology of diet culture, nutrition in sports

Athletics - how the body works, sociology of athletes 

Podcasts and audio books

Thrifting, vintage finds, sourcing used/second hand items

Dance! Zumba and free dancing

Autistic adult community on social media and other neurodivergent types 

Child development and emotional learning 

Ice Skating

Singing 

Historic Window Restoration

Those last three I am currently trying to learn or take steps to learn more about. I think in general LEARNING is what I am passionate about. Learning is my career, life long. Though the topic may change these are all the ones that have stuck around or I have come back to time and time again. I love when other people feel deeply interested in their own interests as well. 

I do think, neurotypical folks maybe, tend to have less hobbies but also interact with humans more. Maybe that interaction fills that need for them? I honestly am content just learning and being around others who are learning as well. Parallel Play for adults. Thats my jam. Lets all just do our thing, together, but separate, ya know?! I love being near people thats why I loved dorm living and stay in a small city instead of rural life, I just don't always want to directly interact with strangers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment