Thursday, May 18, 2017

Oiselle VT crew - Aug 2016

(This is an old post from Aug 2016) 

oiselleVT
I have been busy working and running and enjoying my family. I just started a new three month training plan with my coach that will take me through a few 5ks, 10ks and one half this fall. I love fall running so am looking forward to the cooler temps and fast times!
I have also been appointed the VT Oiselle Volee team leader! This means I will be coordinating a bunch of fun Vermont meet ups as the year goes on. There are twenty or so of us Oiselle Volee ladies in the state and I can wait to meet everyone. I will have to chat more about what being on the Volee team means to me in another post.
We had our first meet up last night to wish Whitney off to travel/work with her family to the Dominican Republic for two years! She is such a bright, fresh, fun person and we will miss having her around but I cant wait to follow along on social media to where her adventures, and runs lead. About 7 of us meet at the UVM outdoor track to do a fun workout.
Mile W-up
3x400m at 5k pace (for me this was around 1:45) 200m jog rest in between
1x1k at 5k pace (4:20) with drink/rest break before and after
3x400 at 5k pace
Then Dani and I jumped on for a hard effort 400m (1:27 for me) and it was so much fun. Dani and I raced in college and as she said I used to lead her on the track and this time it was her turn to keep me going. My goal is to get more speed back in this next year and keep up with her more!!
We had a cool down and popsicles and lots of fun chatting. We joked that all but one of us had kids at home so maybe that is why we were all there, for the break, ha! I cant wait for the next one.
oiselleVT2

No comments:

Post a Comment