Monday, November 2, 2020

It is November 2nd 2020 - NEED I SAY MORE?

OOOF That last post... I remember thinking on the ski mountain... "Should these other people be traveling?! Don't they realize this pandemic is coming?" But I did NOT realize what was only a few days away. School closed on March 13th and did not open in person (2days a week) until Sept 8th.

To catch up today I am...

Sitting in well loved sweatpants at home on day 5 of a 7+ day travel quarantine, I will take my first COVID test Weds. I went to help my grandma move in with my mom and step dad and my hometown turned RED. (Vermont Travel Map Here)

Last weekend I made masks to go with the kids Halloween Costumes - This was the one holiday all year that almost felt normal, except for the quarantine for me and the candy slides, shoots and NO TOUCHING! for the kids. 

I have had four friends have babies (Sweetest Congrats!) that I haven't been able to see or hold in real life and it sounds like a little thing...BUT. We were the first to have kids and 6+ years later all our friends start catching up and I am OVER qualified to night nurse/ baby hold/help cuz my kids are all grown big and I CANT DO IT. If I think about it for more than three seconds I start crying. If I was an actor it would literally be the thing to think about to make me fake cry. 

I have made and donated over 600 cloth masks for kids and adults. We also donated 500 from a supplier at work to our kids elementary school.

We are one day away from a very contested election. As a sociology buff I am well aware that we are all a product of our environment and cultures no matter how much we think we are independent thinkers. I voted weeks ago early, along with most of the states voters. I will briefly check into news/media a few times a day but other than that... we wait. 

But also I really wish Torrey would put some big ass PRIDE, Black Lives Matter, USA and BIDEN flags on his truck (he wont and thats fine but someone should). Why is it all the TRUMP supporters that get the USA flag as well as giant TRUCK FLAGS? MORE LIBERAL TRUCK FLAGS PLEASE 

Oh wait... shit its 2020, I cant just write what I please in this blog without being terrified of the comments section... oh how things have changed in the last 5 years. 

There is SO much more from the past 6 months; heartache, anger, heel pain, sadness, blood tests, heart tests, business grants, belly laughs, death, babies, business loans, nasal swabs, dance parties, tears, unemployment paper work, zoom calls, remote days, 'in-person' days, cosmic kids yoga, spin bike purchases, King Arthur bread flour, kittens, smoke, masks, "I CANT BREATHE".

This blog has come in handy the past 8+ years, to remember those early days, I often read the baby posts when friends have kids so I can be transported to what it felt like again. So maybe with all this time at home, so thankful for this home, I will dust it off a bit. Take a new snapshot of 2020 and 2021. Some brief check ins, kiddo updates, occasional rants (OMG Self Employed Health Insurance Options can I YELL about that for a minute!) Maybe I will run again too... Im still trying



 



1 comment:

  1. Welcome back - love your blog updates!
    I have been considering putting a giant 50 ft tall flag pole with the biggest American flag I could find in our field as I feel the same way! As Biden says - it is called the UNITED states! I want my flag!!! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete