When I need to make dozens of zip pouches or print hundreds of glasses at work... PODCASTS to the rescue!
I need to do an update to the last post, how we are saving money on our food bill. It is going well but I still have to run the numbers and get a post going....
In the mean time I had a request for a post about PODCASTS
Most weekdays I listen to 1-2 hrs of podcasts. I listen while running, cleaning, tasks at work, commuting. I find they make any repetitive task 100% more enjoyable. A podcast and the dishes, hells ya! Torrey prefers watching the Office on the iPad while doing the dishes, to each his own. I find I am more apt to stay on task when I want to hear what comes next. I LOVE podcasts. I rarely listen to music or audiobooks anymore.
So here are my favorites separated by topic, I have listened to all of these at some point. I tend to go through phases with different topics, right now its personal finance and happiness. I also tend to listen to shows I can jump into anytime rather than storylines, like Serial and S-Town, though those are both great options as well. There are so many more out there of course, so feel free to recommend your favorites in the comments!
The links go to the website connected to the podcast, a good resource if you would rather read than listen. If you want to figure out how to even play podcasts on your phone or computer go here.
Personal Finance:
Martinis and your Money - Favorite right now
Words and Money
Marketplace Weekend
Lifestyle - Happiness - Slowing down:
Happier with Gretchen Rubin : Another FAV right now, I'm a questioner BTW
The Slow Home Podcast - This podcast changed my life, really.
Let It Be podcast
Work/Creative :
How I Built This
The Broad Experience
Proof To Product
Running:
Ali On The Run Show
Another Mother Runner
Ill Have Another with Lindsey Hein
Food:
The Sporkful
The Splendid Table
Storytelling/Interviews:
Death Sex and Money
The Moth
On Being with Krista Tippett
Fresh Air
Modern Love
Real Talk Radio with Nicole Antoinette (running vibe in here too)
Parenting/Families:
The Longest Shortest Time
Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids
Slate's Mom and Dad are Fighting
Simple Families Podcast
Other greats:
The Hilarious World Of Depression (A MUST LISTEN)
Hidden Brain
The Allusionist
A Way with Words
Young House Love has a Podcast (home improvement)
Radiolab
Freakonomics
This American Life
99% Invisible
Dear Sugars
Savage Lovecast
I meant to look at your blog a long time ago. Excited to check out the hilarious world of depression!
ReplyDelete